Turn off or turn on internet at MacBook via iPhone

Reaction score
I usually have something being downloaded all the time at my MacBook Pro. So, the internet is too slow to use from iPhone when MacBook is also using the internet.s

When I have to use internet via my iPhone, I have to goto my MacBook, wake it up, then shut off the internet and then I can use the internet on my iPhone.

After I finish using internet at iPhone, I have to repeat same thing for turning on internet at my MacBook so that it can continue to download whatever it was downloading.

Is there any way I can do same thing via iPhone wirelessly? I know there are VNC apps from where I can control MacBook but it's not that convenient.

Is there something form which I can type single command or press single button at my iPhone which can turn on or turn off the internet at my macbook?

(I'm using the OS lion)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I would first like to mention that if you were to disable your Mac's wi-fi or ethernet connection itself, you'd have no way to remotely re-enable it because it is offline. As for blocking just the "internet" at will… well no, not really. Not in any practical way I don't think. What would be a lot more practical is to close the program that is using the internet. You can do this using MobileMouse. It has an option to give you a list of all the apps running in your Dock and, with a tap-and-hold action, you can close it from there. To re-open the app, just tap it again (you'd have have it set in advance to "Keep in Dock", of course). This would be far more convenient and less laggy than using a VNC client. You would need to ensure that this app you are managing has an auto-resume feature, and will quit without any hassles when receiving the command to close.

OP
N
Reaction score
excellent tip lifeisbeach, thank you very much. I just now installed mobilemouse and it's working perfectly as I wanted. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.