Power Mac G4 connect to Sony Bravia LCD TV

Reaction score
Hello,

I have recently been given an old Power Mac G4, and I am trying to use my Sony Bravia KDL 26v4000 as monitor. The TV is 26 inches, and is 720p.

The Power Mac has an ADC port and a VGA port. I have tried to use a VGA monitor cable to connect it all up, but when connected computer starts up for a bit, comes up with "Mac OS 9.1" etc.

But after I assume that it is going to the desktop the picture goes out of range and there isn't anything else I can do.
A friend said that it may be the setup on the mac that is wrong. Also I thought maybe its the video card.

I don't know whether if I need to use an ADC to VGA adapter or what.

I am a complete novice when it comes to Macs so any information anyone can tell me is great.

Thank you in advance :)

P.S No idea if this is in the right section or not, as I'm new to actually posting on mac forums.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Mac OS 9.1 is the old Mac operating system from the nineties (that was not a modern UNIX style operating system - so is totally different to OSX), so is not an ideal operating system to start running software post 2000

The G4 may have a copy of some version of OSX on it, but you will need to hold down the alt key on start-up (or option on some mac keyboards) to get the mac to tell you if it has a copy of OSX as well as the old OS9 on there.

OP
G
Reaction score
Ok I did that held down alt on start up.

All it said was Macintosh HD

Am to assume there is no copy of OSX on this machine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.