Macbook won't detect wifi network in new apartment

Reaction score
I have an apartment in Germany for a month, my roomates can connect to the wifi but my computer won't even pick it up. I bought it last summer, so it's relatively new. I can pick up almost 30 other networks in the apartment, but now mine. Help?

Edit: Okay, 30 views and no replies. I'll try to give more info incase that helps.

This is what my roommate wrote on a piece of paper for me before she left.

SSID: WLAN-XXXXXX
Password: XXXXXXXXXXXX
PSK: XXXXXXXXXX

I don't know if this points out what kind of internet connection it is, or if I need to do something special to fix it. I've never dealt with a "PSK" before.

C

chas_m

Other than saying your computer is a MacBook, you haven't given us a lot to go on.

Is the network set up for 802.11n only? Is your Mac capable of connecting to a "n" network?

Also, somehow the "SSID" they wrote down seems wrong. Can you verify with another roommate or someone that can get on your network that that is the ACTUAL name?

OP
E
Reaction score
Other than saying your computer is a MacBook, you haven't given us a lot to go on.

Is the network set up for 802.11n only? Is your Mac capable of connecting to a "n" network?

Also, somehow the "SSID" they wrote down seems wrong. Can you verify with another roommate or someone that can get on your network that that is the ACTUAL name?

Honestly, I have no idea. I'm pretty inept with computers, I really need to take a class or something... How can I find out what networks I am capable of connecting to?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.