Safari...on Mac

Reaction score
Hey so on my old Laptop running Vista i only ever used Safari but it did have alot of issues with loading pages and freezing and sometimes the runtime errors and java script failures, but what i want to know is whether Safari runs better without the problems on Mac?

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Never had issues running Safari on Mac or PC to be honest.

It's always been quick and stable.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
How old was that laptop?
How fast was your connection?
Maybe it wasn't the software at all.

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
I can't think of anything that ever ran to its full potential on Vista. The short answer is yes - Safari runs great on the Mac.

OP
D
Reaction score
How old was that laptop?
How fast was your connection?
Maybe it wasn't the software at all.

Laptop was about a year or 2 old, Acer. Connection was always excellent and very fast - Internet explorer and firefox never had any problems just Safari.

Thanks for everyone's answers.

Reaction score
I have run Safari on Mac and PC. It runs a lot better on Mac. Seems a lot faster.

C

chas_m

Let me put it this way -- I don't even know what a "runtime error" IS.

I've tried them all, and Safari 5.1 is the best browser around (on the Mac). Especially when you add a few selected extensions.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Runtime errors.

You won't have the same runtime errors on the Mac simply because the underlying operating system is entirely different. Give Safari a try and if you don't like it (or find that you have issues with it as well), give another browser a try. Some good ones include Chrome, Firefox and the lesser known Opera.

C

chas_m

Good point, Van. Although I personally think Safari is awesome, we don't lack for choices of browser on the Mac platform, including a few that are Mac-only.

OP
D
Reaction score
Yeah totally agree had the Mac less than a day now and Safari is far superior to any web providers i've used on windows, but i did try to download internet explorer on here to get to get on to some stuff which is only available when using explorer but it is like going back to the stone age! It is dire, and slow is an understatement. I think safari shall be my future.

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
I've tried them all, and Safari 5.1 is the best browser around (on the Mac). Especially when you add a few selected extensions.

With Lion, dont even bother installing 5.1 with Snow Leopard, download any version before it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 MBP 15" I7 2.3 Ghz 16 GB Ram 500 GB SSD Retina
Safari was not my browser of choice on SL. But since I installed Lion it has surpassed all others IMHO and is now my browser of choice. Fast, stable and leading the pack. I use windows very little now so I am unsure how it performs outside of the Mac OS.

Regards,

Pat

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.