No bootable device--insert boot disk and press any key

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I started setting up bootcamp, but did not have the windows install disk. Successfully set up partition so I had the space available at a later date.

After that I used the computer as normal for few hours, turned computer off and now comes up with the following message:
"No bootable device--insert boot disk and press any key"

I have tried putting in original install disk to no avail.......HELP PLEASE

I have a new i5 iMac running Lion

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
turn the MAc on and immediatley hold down the option/alt key

After a few seconds you'll be shown the bootable options screen.

Select your Mac HD and click the arrow beneath it.

This should boot you into Lion. From here go to System Preferences - Startup Disk and choose your Mac HD then close the panel.

Once you are ready to install Windows in the future just run the bootcamp assistant again and follow the prompts as before

Reaction score
Issues at MAC OSX Utilities

I'm having the same problem.... but when I try to follow your instructions, at the Startup Disk it doesn't appear anything to be selected and I can't restart it.
PLEASE HELP!!!

MacBook Pro 13'' (2010)

Reaction score
Problems at Mac OS X Utilities

turn the MAc on and immediatley hold down the option/alt key

After a few seconds you'll be shown the bootable options screen.

Select your Mac HD and click the arrow beneath it.

This should boot you into Lion. From here go to System Preferences - Startup Disk and choose your Mac HD then close the panel.

Once you are ready to install Windows in the future just run the bootcamp assistant again and follow the prompts as before

I'm having the same problem.... but when I try to follow your instructions, at the Startup Disk it doesn't appear anything to be selected and I can't restart it.
PLEASE HELP!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Can you post 'exactly' what you have done starting with the the bootcamp assistant.

Please give details of which Mac, OSX version and windows version.

Reaction score
OSX version and windows version

Can you post 'exactly' what you have done starting with the the bootcamp assistant.

Please give details of which Mac, OSX version and windows version.

I have made the partition on bootcamp, but when I made it, the cracked windows 7 that I tried to use never work. So when I start the computer, the message appear.....I went to disk utility to try to erase the partition, and it's no possible because appear an error. The other option that I tried was to reinstall Mac OS X Lion, but I have to sign in to download it from the app store.....I do not know if, creating a apple ID and buying the Lion from another computer it will work to resolve the problem, or if you have another idea?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I have made the partition on bootcamp, but when I made it, the cracked windows 7 that I tried to use never work.

Sorry no help for illegal activities in these forums. Buy a legal copy of Windows 7 and return asking for help. In the meantime, this thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.