Security issue on my macbook pro

Reaction score
Hello,

I am having some security issues with my computer. I am a web developer and usually use Joomla to develop my websites. I am constantly getting 403 and 404 errors on my websites and even when I try to visit some of the Joomla Forum pages.

On all my browsers on my computer (Safari, Firefox and Chrome) it refuses to allow me to edit an article from the front end (pops up with a 403 error). When I try to do the same thing from another computer (Macbook) or my iPad, it works fine.

Can't figure it out. Is this something to do with the security settings on my Mac or what? I am running Lion and have a MacBook Pro 15inch Core 2 Duo.

Thanks,
Riber

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Welcome to the Mac Forums.

It does seem strange. Are you using the same ISP when you're on the MBP as when you use the MB and iPad?

Also, you might want to check your "Hosts" file to see if there are any restrictions.

MacIntosh HD/etc/hosts

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.