Just made the switch BABY!!!

Reaction score
Well, after having an iPhone for a while and seeing how fast Macs are even after years of running i decided to make the move.

Got the basic model 13" MacBook Pro and love it!

Are there any important things that i can do to make my macbook run better?

Never going back!

Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Are there any important things that i can do to make my macbook run better?

You can do some searching (use forum search) to find out how to make your MacBook run better. However, for now get rid of that Avatar. These forums are viewed by folks of all ages. Read our guidelines.

C

chas_m

If your MacBook Pro is brand new, the only thing I'd suggest to make it "run better" is to learn it.

(Well, more RAM is good too)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacBook Air 16GB 1TB SSD
Well, after having an iPhone for a while and seeing how fast Macs are even after years of running i decided to make the move.

Thanks

Funny, my experience is just about the opposite. I was a Windows/Andriod user for a long time. I decided to try a Mac. After a few months with a MBP I am sold. I cannot wait for the iPhone 5. If it works 1/2 as good as my MBP I'll be happy!

Monty

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Wow lol, strick forum. Its a cartoon man.

Doesn't matter where it came from. If it's not rated "G" it shouldn't be used. Anyway, you now have a new avatar. Be sure to read our guidelines. Thanks.

C

chas_m

Do you own an iPhone? If so, I'm sure you've misspelled/been auto-"corrected" before.

Yes, but I don't press send until I'm sure it's what I meant to say. But yes, I've seen some hilarious or weird "suggestions."

We're not really that strict about spelling, welcome aboard.

OP
Waveblaster
Reaction score
:D Thanks.

I'm a bit of a loose cannon when it comes to sending auto corrected messages. As soon as i'm done typing i just hit the send button. Its going to get me in trouble some day. Happens when i text all the time... The worst part about it is that it seems to learn the way i misspell certain words, and then auto misspells words. I'm getting a new iPhone soon, so hopefully they have tweaked the auto correct a little.

Not going to lye, I'm not the greatest speller. More of a math and physics guy.

Yes, but I don't press send until I'm sure it's what I meant to say. But yes, I've seen some hilarious or weird "suggestions."

We're not really that strict about spelling, welcome aboard.

OP
Waveblaster
Reaction score
Original reason i asked about any thing you can do to "tune" the macbook is because when i was in at futureshop, the man who was clearly on commission was talking about a setup plan for x dollars. When i refused the setup thing he put on the big "ok your on your own" thing and said there are some key things that you need to do to get your mac running right that of course their set up plan does. I kind of knew it was bull, but wanted to check here (where people aren't on commission :D) to make sure.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 MBP 15" I7 2.3 Ghz 16 GB Ram 500 GB SSD Retina
I agree with chas_m. I wouldn't do a thing except learn your Mac and maybe add some ram. I've seen where people get all excited about their new system and in the drive to have a lot of bells and whistles they add something that does more harm than good.

Especially so called tune up or clean out programs. Have fun with your new computer. It's a learning experience for sure but one that is fun and ultimately rewarding. Especially as it pertains to the lack of issues with the Mac operating system. I want to say that "most" issues are self induced rather than OS induced. I don't think I am speaking out of turn here but that is the general gist of things that I have gathered from the time I have been on the forum.

Regards,

Pat

Reaction score
Hi.

Talking about misspelling (moreover since yours truly, I have already delivered at least two really hilarious false wordings in this community; fortunately enough I spotted them and saved the day; should have known better; what saves me is that English is not my native language), I fully agree that it really promotes the e-etiquette of communication and makes us all better and ever learning individuals.

When it comes to the issue of "lean & clean cut" vs "boosted & tuned up", I am a great fan of the lean concept, for any commodity.
Let us reflect a simple fact: any serious OEM knows better.
I 'm not implying that any OEM is always faultless or may come short when he delivers a product, but all in all the OEM has the absolute judgement which in effect will satisfy the majority.

Br / George
:)

Reaction score
Don't pay anyone. If you are not sure how or what to do, this is the place you can ask questions or look for solutions already in threads. I would recommend signing up for a 101 workshop @ Apple if you are not too comfortable using it...
anyways, welcome aboard

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.