School intranet?..

Reaction score
Hi, today i went into PC World's Apple store and i am planning on buying the Macbook Pro, but in store i use one and tried to see if it could access my school intranet area on Mac, as the intranet operation system is based on Microsoft, in store it didn't work but i put it down to the internet browser (safari) not being supported but do some network based programs not work on Mac?

Thanks in advance, i am posting this here as this is a main aperture for the switch over.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Without knowing what the requirements are for accessing your school's intranet service, there is no way to answer your question.

Most intranet setups have strict rules for access: UserID, Password, and so forth. So it wouldn't matter if you're using Safari or the latest version of Internet Explorer.

OP
D
Reaction score
hey just looked into it and it runs on an internet mobile desktop based program called Microsoft's Windows Server 2008 R2 - Remote Desktop Services Default Connection.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
chscag's post still stands. Without knowing the connection requirements there's no way answer your question.
Knowing which platform it's running on doesn't really help.

In addition to that, if it's a virtual desktop connection using Microsoft's remote desktop client . . . . there is a Mac version.

However the best answer to you question is to consult your intranet admin and ask about Mac connectivity

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.