Cool Apps

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 ghz Powerbook 15.2 inch screen 1 gig ram
http://coolosxapps.net/

Great list of Apps. I just downloaded Safari Speed-up...I actually think it works.

Coverflow is awesome as well.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
anyone try safari speed up yet?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition
Guitarist said:

I just tried it... and it does seem to have made a difference... But the difference isn't anything spectacular. Of course Safari is pretty fast anyhow.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Flat Panel iMac -15" 1.5GHz, 80GB HDD, 128MB ATI video card, 1GB RAM- PowerBook
That is a really nice site and very helpful.

One nitpick, the site looks very professional and very well done, I just hate coming across spelling errors:

from .pgn (default) to other formats.

Reaction score
This is a good script to speed up Safari, the only thing is you have to quit safari and open up Terminal and put this in there.. defaults write com.apple.Safari WebKitInitialTimedLayoutDelay -float 0.25 copy and paste that. You also have to put that in there everytime you quit safari to speed it back up, if you don't quit safari, you don't have to. This works, at least on Panther it does.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
jram said:
This is a good script to speed up Safari, the only thing is you have to quit safari and open up Terminal and put this in there.. defaults write com.apple.Safari WebKitInitialTimedLayoutDelay -float 0.25 copy and paste that. You also have to put that in there everytime you quit safari to speed it back up, if you don't quit safari, you don't have to. This works, at least on Panther it does.

hmm on Tiger I'm pretty sure you don't have to do any of that...just install it.

Reaction score
hmm on Tiger I'm pretty sure you don't have to do any of that...just install it
I'm not talking about installing any program, just a tweak you can put in Terminal that speeds up Safari quite a bit.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.