question on sending group emails and text

Reaction score
is there any way to send an email or text to everyone in a group of contacts without having to add each contact one at a time?

C

chas_m

Since you've written this in the "iOS and Apps" section, I have to assume that what you're really asking is "can I email or text a message to a group ON THE IPHONE, IPAD OR IPOD TOUCH"?

Assuming this is correct, the answer to the question is yes, BUT.

The "yes BUT" is that you can only email or text groups that have been pre-defined in your Contacts list/Address Book. Which you do on your computer.

So, for example I would fire up Address Book on my Mac, create a group called "Family," move the appropriate names there, then sync my iDevice. Now, if I want to send a text or email to everyone in that group, all I have to do is press the + button, add the group, and press send.

OP
oddjobbb
Reaction score
yes i am talking about my iPhone 4. when i do what you suggest and click the plus sign i go to my groups and click on the one i want, it just takes me to the individual names in that group and i am forced to click on each name to add them.
what am i doing wrong?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13.3
yes i am talking about my iPhone 4. when i do what you suggest and click the plus sign i go to my groups and click on the one i want, it just takes me to the individual names in that group and i am forced to click on each name to add them.
what am i doing wrong?

My iPad does the same thing.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.