ipad 2 and skype on mytouch 4g

Reaction score
I just downloaded Skype for the iPad2. It's works just fine with the iMac, question is does the iPad2 Skype ( video chat) work calling an mytouch 4g? I can't seem to get it to video chat. It calls just fine . Please help.

C

chas_m

A quick Google search seems to suggest that unless you hack (pretty extensively) your phone AND install a special hacked version of Skype, it isn't going to work (video calling, that is).

It's entirely possible that Skype will enable this feature for the MyTouch 4G on their own in the foreseeable future, so my advice would be to wait and see -- wouldn't hurt to shoot an email to Skype asking about it either.

Reaction score
MyTouch + iPad 2 = Work Together

A quick Google search seems to suggest that unless you hack (pretty extensively) your phone AND install a special hacked version of Skype, it isn't going to work (video calling, that is).

It's entirely possible that Skype will enable this feature for the MyTouch 4G on their own in the foreseeable future, so my advice would be to wait and see -- wouldn't hurt to shoot an email to Skype asking about it either.

I can confirm that they both work together. As long as you enable Video Calls on both devices under the Skype menu settings, it works. Both devices were connected under WiFi networks (one from California, the other from Texas). The calls did, however, drop a few times, but an HTC MyTouch 4G and iPad 2 using Skype video calling does work.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.