Dropped MacBook Pro 2007 now the keyboard and mouse are unresponsive

Reaction score
Well it didn't have a battery in it because the batter broke. It slipped out of my hands and fell on my bed and now the mouse and keyboard do not work. I figure it somehow hit something when i dropped it that broke just the mouse and keyboard. Because i can do everything else fine. And the usb ports work because i can use it with a external mouse and keyboard. Its just thet mouse and keyboard and touchpad on the mac. So i'm pretty sure its not software. ANy idea what this problem is? Is it worth the fix?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Probably not.

Reaction score
Check that the ribbon cable linking the top shell to the motherboard hasn't come loose. The keyboard and touchpad share the same connection, so if you lose both at once there's a chance it's the cable.

However, Macbook Pros are fairly common so there's plenty of parts on ebay, if you can narrow down where the fault lies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.