IMac G4 - Can I connect to Internet via WiFi?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac
Hi, Ive been given an old iMac G4 from 2004 and I want to set it up so it can be used to browse the Internet. I'd ideally like to set up a wireless connection so I'm trying to find out if it can be done in the first instance and if yes, what I need in order to set it up.

Any suggestions welcome :)

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac
Hi Harry and thanks for the info.

Some more info on the model which I got via the serial number:

iMac G4 20"
Processor:1.25GHz G4 (PowerPC 7457)

It doesn't actually have a wireless card installed so I need to go out and get one. By the looks of it (from article) I can get a card which supports 802.11g. I'm based in the UK so just wondering where's the best place to get an Airport Extreme card.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
It doesn't actually have a wireless card installed so I need to go out and get one. By the looks of it (from article) I can get a card which supports 802.11g. I'm based in the UK so just wondering where's the best place to get an Airport Extreme card.

This is the airport card you need (airport extreme card):

c-LnFSccvvbuJunW7Tfb0bK0nhYbU_tD-41Cz9e4Bwa-dHmnl906BahSWoDaAr0Jw2o8egXf-B4h70yusA8VrGb1T220z2FkPx4mxga4-xiNmh5GIMbLaMpml0Sdrx0h5Rnr5JKmZAdsYOGbXae5ZOyPcOD1b6EwUWGc2IxzpxOZDO9Zsflvve9KUgY_A70p3pka6nU

There are places on the internet that still sell them...but buying them used on e-Bay is probably your best bet.

HTH,

- Nick

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac
I thought so after having a look around.

Cheers Nick :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.