Battery life shot to heck with 4.3.5?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Has anyone else seen a drop in their battery life since upgrading to 4.3.5? Mine on my 3Gs is really bad, and it "seems" it started when I updated it, though it may be coincidence. If it sat more or less idle all day besides a couple calls, as little as a week or two ago I'd still have a full charge come, say, 6 p.m. Now it's near dead with the same usage.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
I'll keep an eye on it, I updated yesterday and my battery was down to 53% when I got home from work today. That said, our building is umm.. well.. it's effectively a farady cage so I often use a lot of battery with the thing trying to reconnect.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I will also keep an eye but on my First Gen iPad it seems about the same so far.

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks. My battery may have simply tanked and the timing is coincidental. I've been expecting it to happen since my mother-in-law had this happen a couple months ago and had to replace the battery. But I vaguely recall some battery life issues some time back that an update caused and had to be fixed with another update.

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hah! It was the update. Finally did a little digging and as it turns out, some people have been having a problem, but a hard reset cures it. I thought I had done that, but… heh heh… as it turns out I've been doing the hard reset wrong all these years. Ooops! :Oops:

The big clue that the battery itself was not the culprit was in the usage log, seen via Settings > General > Usage. Despite my phone sitting unused for a few hours since charging up, the times for Usage and Standby were identical @ 5+ hours each. Despite being on standby, "something" was actively running in the background that shouldn't have been. After a hard reset, things are back to normal.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Thanks for posting that LB! I just checked my iPad and it's been 3 days sitting since the update and it's still at 100%.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
soon to be another iMac owner
Congrats!

I do a hard reboot about once a week..but it's probably good to do one at least once a month,you would be amazed as to how many little quirks it fixes..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2009 MBP 15 Inch, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I just "love" batter issues. I forgot which of the updates it was that destroyed everyone's battery life. Anyway, it got "fixed" but here's a BIG one...make sure that you have ping shut completely off. Go to settings -> restrictions and shut down and restrict ping from doing anything at all. If you don't it will constantly push to your phone and drain your battery. If you haven't already done this, do it now and reboot you'll see a huge difference.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.