Printer not printing on Mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro (Intel Core 2 Duo: 2.4Ghz: 4GB Memory)
Hi guys,

I have a mac book pro and am trying to print to my konica minolta magicolor 2530 dl printer. Everytime I go to print it tells me my printer is low on toner and does not allow me to print. I have gone in to shake the toner and try again but with the same result. If I go to my windows machine it prints with no problems and no messages on toner. Does anyone know why it would not allow me to print on mac and on windows it is fine? Thank you for your help on this :)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Probably the difference is the drivers used. The Windows driver may ignore the toner capacity while the Mac driver does not. The drivers should provide the same options and features regardless of whether they're for Windows or the Mac, however, it doesn't always work that way.

Go the Minolta web site and see if they have updated drivers you can install for your Mac.

OP
m@cnewbie
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro (Intel Core 2 Duo: 2.4Ghz: 4GB Memory)
Thank you that worked well! I just feel dumb I didn't think of it first....I work on windows machines more and I guess I just assumed that they don't update drivers for mac as much as windows. I won't assume anymore....also I think when I first got my mbp I just installed the driver the mac had on it already and never checked the konica minolta website. Thanks again!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.