Excel 2008 - Data Validation Drop-down List

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm new to this thread so apologies if I have posted in the wrong place.

I use Office 2008 for Mac OS X 10.5.8. I currently use data validation to create drop down lists in Excel (version 12.2.0) but can’t figure out how to create a drop down list that allows me to select multiple options within the one cell.

I have searched online and found the answer for PC based Office 2008 (right click on sheet tab and select view code), I don't have this option in the version of Excel I'm working with, can anyone assist?

Thanks,
Kirstie

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Welcome to the Mac forums. I moved your post to the correct forum as it really does not belong in "Running Windows.......".

You're confusing versions of Office... There is no Office 2008 for the PC, there is an Office 2007 and Office 2010 versions. Also, the latest version of Office 2008 for the Mac is at 12.3.0. You're missing an update.

I haven't used Excel in a long time and currently do not have it installed in my version of Mac Office. Hopefully someone who is up to date with Excel can assist you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.