I already have an iPhone 4

Reaction score
Is it worth getting an iPad? Don't get me wrong, I love iPads. My Dad's got the original iPad and it's really handy but is it worth getting an iPad 2 if I already have an iPhone 4?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
I'm not trying to be clever, but what do you think? Do you need a tablet?
Think about what you do each day and decide if you need a tablet or a notebook or if you're fine with the setup you have.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It depends on your needs. The iPhone and iPad are different devices for different purposes. Some folks use their iPad much like a notebook computer. I would have a difficult time typing on an iPhone because of the small screen whereas the iPad is ideal for that. However, you can't make and answer calls on an iPad. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27in iMac i5 3.1GHz, AMD 6970, iPhone 4, Wi-Fi iPad 2
Truth. I personally have both, but then again I have very minimal mobile needs (phone, web, text messaging, doc editing etc.)

Reaction score
If you spend a lot of time doing non-work related internet browsing and watching movies then an ipad would be a great thing to have.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27in iMac i5 3.1GHz, AMD 6970, iPhone 4, Wi-Fi iPad 2
If you spend a lot of time doing non-work related internet browsing and watching movies then an ipad would be a great thing to have.

Agreed

C

chas_m

I have both an iPhone 4 and an iPad. I really enjoy the larger screen of the iPad for certain kinds of games, for reading, for watching videos. I occasionally use my iPad as a writing tool with a BT keyboard. All of these things (and some others) are either more difficult or impractical to do on an iPhone 4.

If money's not an issue, yes I'd say an iPad is a great complementary device.

Reaction score
Hi.

I could not agree more with chas_m.

To date (and until APPLE decides to overwhelm us one time too many), the key word for the iPad is "complementary".

The way I see it (quote: subjective), the tablet segment is a unique category of products.

The king IS the iPad (make no mistake about it, no matter what the "foes" may claim; LOL).

For all the reasons presented in the postings above and twice that many, provided that money is not an issue, the iPad is a device worth using.
One reason too many is the fact that it helps you get accustomed to THE future mainstream concept of power mobility (this my way of putting it).

So, all in all, if you can afford it, get it.
There is more to gain that to loose.

Br/George

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 13-inch, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Intel Core i7 Processor
In my opinion, you should buy an iPad 2. I have both and love both. Your iPhone 4 is great for times when a big tablet is impractical, but the iPad 2 is amazing for tons of uses. Just remember- iPhone is a phone, iPad is a tablet....two very different kinds of devices.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MB Pro, 2.66 i7 ; 11” MBA 1.8GZ i7; 13"MBA 2GZ i7 8 GB mem 512GB SSD, 2 iPad3s, 1 iPad Mini
They are different tools for different purposes

Don't plan on making phone calls with the iPad, or taking high quality photos either. Do plan on shrinking your fingers if you want to type much on the iPhone. Get a good magnifying glass as well to see the teeny screen.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.