Problem with apps quitting

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 inch, 2020
I have been using Xilisoft dvd creator to burn avi files to dvd's to watch on a dvd player, but after lion it seems to not work. I tried to burn a dvd tonight and once it started to burn a message popped up saying that Xilisoft quit unexpectedly. I downloaded a free program called Burn and that quit unexpectedly too. I tried to restart the computer and don't have any weird programs installed, but these 2 programs seem to not work with mion. Is anyone having this problem? I have attached the crash report from Burn. I'm not sure that it will reveal anything, but I know from other problems that I have, people ask to see the report in order to be able to help. Thanks

View attachment Burn report.txt

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I don't know about Xilisoft DVD creator, however, Burn is compatible with Lion and should work OK. Sounds like you may have other problems.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
maybe it had something to do with the file, itself. I'll try again later. thanks

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I tried to convert a file to mpeg-2 and did so, then burned it to a dvd and tried to play it in a dvd player, but it said that it couldn't play the disc. Is mpeg2 the correct format? I am using xilisoft video converter. thanks

Reaction score
Xilisoft Quit Unexpectedly

Having the exact same issue.

Have never had a problem before with Xilisoft (pre-Lion anyway). Tried to burn a dvd a couple of times and got the error - Xilisoftt DVD Creator Quit Unexpectedly with a huge error report attached that doesn't mean anything to me other than it didn't work! Argh!

Tried burning a dvd I'd burned before and same error message. Any help is appreciated.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
According to Roaring Apps, the Xilisoft DVD program is compatible with Lion. But since there are so many versions, I suggest you contact Xilisoft support to find out if your version is compatible. You can also ask in their forums.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks, I emailed them earlier and am waiting for a reply. I looked for the forum on their site, but didn't see it.

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice, I'm going to email as well to see about an upgrade. Appreciate the help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.