• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple issues Quicktime 7.7 for Windows, Leopard and updates printer drivers

Reaction score
Apple issues Quicktime 7.7 for Windows, Leopard and updates printer drivers

Apple on Wednesday issued QuickTime 7.7 for Windows and Mac OS X Leopard, as well as a batch of driver updates for printers and scanners from Samsung, HP and Brother.

pixel
p-8bUhLiluj0fAw.gif
adscout.php

Read more

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Any ideas on how to uninstall the printer update?

Up until I installed the driver update for Brother Printers the other day on my Mac Mini, my 2170W worked just fine. It continues to work on MacBook and MBP (haven't installed the update).
All three Macs are running OS X 10.7 Lion but only the Mac Mini now is unable to print. When I try I get a message saying I need to install software to run the printer, it accesses the Apple Software Update and chugs for a while and then says that no software is available. :Angry:;P

I wouldn't care that much except I use the Mac Mini as a print server for our iPads using Printopia, so this means no printing from iPads until the problem is fixed.

Any ideas?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Should be located here:

MacIntosh HD/Library/Printers/Brother/

and

/Users/Your User Name/Library/Printers/

At least that's where the Brother drivers are located on my machine. If you uninstall the new driver set you'll need to go to the Brother web site and download the older drivers.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Should be located here:

MacIntosh HD/Library/Printers/Brother/

and

/Users/Your User Name/Library/Printers/

At least that's where the Brother drivers are located on my machine. If you uninstall the new driver set you'll need to go to the Brother web site and download the older drivers.

Can I copy them from my other Macs?

EDIT: Copying and then repairing permissions worked . . . at least partially. Haven't got Printopeia up and running again yet.
thanks for the help.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple - Support - Downloads

Link to direct downloads print driver dmg's

The problem is the new driver you get that way doesn't work (at least not on my Mac). I was fat dumb and happy until I installed this update (via software updater). Now I'm trying to get back where I was.

Reaction score
Phew, I saw the update today and was almost going to install it. I guess I won't anymore, thank you! I'd rather keep my Brother printer functional.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.