• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

iDVD slideshow help needed

Reaction score
Please forgive me if this question has been asked before and also forgive my ignorance. This is my first time using iDVD version 7.1.1 on my Mac and I am trying to create a movie for my kids to watch of our recent vacation. I used the custom option and created a movie with the over 150 photos taken of our trip. But when I did it I separated photos into different slideshows. I would now like to have the slideshows play continually so my kids do not have to click on each one individually. Is there a way to do this without starting completely over and combining all the photos in one slideshow? Thank you in advance for any help.

C

chas_m

Is there a way to do this without starting completely over and combining all the photos in one slideshow? Thank you in advance for any help.

Depends on what you mean by "completely starting over," but basically no.

OP
D
Reaction score
I mean do I have to start from the beginning again. Is there anything I can do to avoid that? Can I export it to another program then combine the slideshows??????????

C

chas_m

If you still have all the project files, then you can open iDVD, open the project, delete the various slideshows and corresponding menu butttons, create a new DVD slideshow and import all the pictures (and make a button for this).

To me, that would be "starting over," but I can't see how it would take very long (apart from the iDVD project needing to re-render and burn).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.