I have been hacked.

Reaction score
So I'm not sure where to post this so I'll just do it here. I have been hacked and there is no doubt about it. Games of mine have been hacked into and this hacker as also tried to access my facebook account. According to facebook, this person is from South Korea. I have been on "bad" sights and I've heard that there was some sort of new security issue. Anyway, this person apparently can figure out my passwords quickly, because when I change them I still proceed to get hacked.

How can I fix this!!?!??!?!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Anyone else got access to your computer and for strong passwords use +13 key numeric/alphabetical passwords where possible?

Such as "n0w15thet1me4me" based on 'Now is the time for me' or similar. Remember to write down the password and not rely on memory.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
^^^^^

Or get 1Password and let it remember them - and make sure you have a backup or you're still hosed getting back into accounts if your drive dies.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17" Fall 2009 MacBookPro5,2 Intel Core 2 Duo 4 GB RAM
Might be malware

Like some kind of trojan or keylogger that allows him to harvest new PW.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
So I'm not sure where to post this so I'll just do it here. I have been hacked and there is no doubt about it. Games of mine have been hacked into and this hacker as also tried to access my facebook account. According to facebook, this person is from South Korea. I have been on "bad" sights and I've heard that there was some sort of new security issue. Anyway, this person apparently can figure out my passwords quickly, because when I change them I still proceed to get hacked.

How can I fix this!!?!??!?!

You didn't mention what version OS X you are running, but the no-brainer here would be to pick up an AV scanner. ClamXav is free and should be very effective at detecting the few trojans that are known to infect OS X. Once that's handled, change your email password.

For the record, I'm quite skeptical that your computer has been compromised. If it had been, the "hacker" would more likely have successfully gotten into Facebook, not simply tried. Some time back, I had the same issue as a result of the Gawker blog network being compromised and a large list of user names, email addresses, and passwords being distributed. People were simply downloading that list and plugging in those email addresses and passwords into other popular sites to see if they had matches there. Sony's service got compromised also. I'd wager that's what really is going on here.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.