• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Google letter criticizes Apple, Microsoft patent hunts

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
I suppose I would appear to be a Google or Samsung apologist to someone that appears to be an Apple apologist with regards to the ridiculous patent lawsuits flying around. But we've been over that difference of opinion before, I'm pretty sure.

I never said there was any harm in posting the article; I was stating something I found funny about it. I assume you wanted people to give their opinions on the article if you posted it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I suppose I would appear to be a Google or Samsung apologist to someone that appears to be an Apple apologist with regards to the ridiculous patent lawsuits flying around. But we've been over that difference of opinion before, I'm pretty sure.

Have you looked at the name of the forums you're posting on here? This surprises you?

I have no problems with opinions, and while I agree with you on the article title the over all point of the article seems to have been lost on you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
Actually, one of the things I've always liked about these forums is that the people here are diverse and pretty reasonable - not brand-blinded Apple fanboys. Pointing to the name like that to justify your personal views and biases is demeaning to the forums and community as a whole, in my opinion.

And the point wasn't lost on me; any time someone makes a big acquisition, there have to be investigations - and with Google's size and pending investigations, as well as the size of this acquisition, it is even more important than usual in this case. I was pointing out the humor in the poorly picked title and to a lesser extent the poor quality of the article, one of which you seem to agree with me on anyway.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Actually, one of the things I've always liked about these forums is that the people here are diverse and pretty reasonable - not brand-blinded Apple fanboys. Pointing to the name like that to justify your personal views and biases is demeaning to the forums and community as a whole, in my opinion.

To an extent yes. Then again, we wouldn't be here if we weren't fans to start with, would we.

And the point wasn't lost on me; any time someone makes a big acquisition, there have to be investigations - and with Google's size and pending investigations, as well as the size of this acquisition, it is even more important than usual in this case. I was pointing out the humor in the poorly picked title and to a lesser extent the poor quality of the article, one of which you seem to agree with me on anyway.

Well, that wasn't apparent in your initial post. I don't agree on the "poor quality of the article" over all, it just comes across that you don't like it because it expresses an opposing view which you dislike. Sour grapes if you will. Your further comments can be seen as an attack on me if one were to choose to interpret them as such. Apparently I'm just a mindless fan boy. But hey, maybe I'm just being sensitive here....:Not-Amused:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm sorry you didn't understand my meaning, then. And I didn't imply anything about your biases until after you accused me of not reading the article and claimed I appeared to be a Google apologist. Now you're putting words in my mouth, saying I called you a mindless fanboy, probably personalizing my comparison of this website's community to those of most Apple-centric websites (not to you). If this is the direction you want to take this discussion, I'll take the opportunity to bow out now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm sorry you didn't understand my meaning, then. And I didn't imply anything about your biases until after you accused me of not reading the article and claimed I appeared to be a Google apologist. Now you're putting words in my mouth, saying I called you a mindless fanboy, probably personalizing my comparison of this website's community to those of most Apple-centric websites (not to you). If this is the direction you want to take this discussion, I'll take the opportunity to bow out now.

You can bow out as you please. It still remains that you tend to come across as a Google apologist regardless of how you choose to label me. If you keep that up you are only going to continue to face criticism in a place like this. You alluded to me as a "mindless fan-boy" in an indirect manner but I am by no means putting any words in your mouth, your intent was pretty clear.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.