Small things I miss from OSX Snow Leopard - Is there a way to fix these?

Reaction score
1. Mac Mail - I used to be able to use apple + 4 to go to my "Sent Items" but now I have to click. Is there a way to re-enable this?

2. Safari - If I had only one tab open and wanted to drag a link into the tab at the top of the browser rather than click it, it used to go to the address automatically. In OSX Lion it doesn't, but it still gives the green circle with the plus symbol in it! Maybe that is a bug?

I can drag the link on to the tab bar and it creates a new tab and does it, but dragging it into the already existing tab doesn't work.

EDIT: Re #1, it seems it is apple + 2 instead of 4 now !!

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Apple+2 is going to the Sent Mail now for me.

Oops, missed the last line of your post!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
1. Mac Mail - I used to be able to use apple + 4 to go to my "Sent Items" but now I have to click. Is there a way to re-enable this?

As you've already noted, the command has changed. You can change it to your liking via the Keyboard preference pane and adding some custom settings. See my tutorial for examples on how this all works:
http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/os...creen-keyboard-shortcut-something-easier.html

2. Safari - If I had only one tab open and wanted to drag a link into the tab at the top of the browser rather than click it, it used to go to the address automatically. In OSX Lion it doesn't, but it still gives the green circle with the plus symbol in it! Maybe that is a bug?

I can drag the link on to the tab bar and it creates a new tab and does it, but dragging it into the already existing tab doesn't work.

With only one window (no tabs) open, I dragged a link to the very top of Safari and it opened in the same window. No new tabs or windows popped. So it "should" work exactly as you want it to.

EDIT: Just tried it again and it failed. Turns out I was off… you have to drag it into the address field, not the top of the window.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.