iTune Error

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" i5. 4GB, 2.4Ghz, 320GB. Mid 2010
I recently bought a Macbook Pro 2010 i5 model. So I lost all my movies from my PC that I bought on iTunes before. So iTunes, I e-mailed them about my situation. The lady who is helping me granted me the wish to give me back my movies due to a new machine. Now she is telling me to go my iTunes > Store > (click) Check available downloads. I did that, it runs but then this error message comes up

Screen Shot 2011-08-02 at 10.58.48 AM.png

What do I do? :( I'm so confused and I want my movies lol.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", i7 2GHz Quad Core, 4GB RAM, 500GB HD, OS X 10.7.1 - iPhone 3GS
Does it keep doing that? I have had that pop up a few times and just waited a minute or two before trying again and it worked. I just did a check for updates, but did not get that error message. Is your version of iTunes current?

Screen Shot 2011-08-02 at 2.51.54 PM.png

Checking for available downloads allowed me to login and seemed to work just fine. I think you have to authorize a machine to be able to access your account but I cannot remember if that is one of the first things you are prompted to do or when you try to download something. Maybe that is just for the iPhone? Looks like I am going to have to lurk in this thread till one of our gurus has time to help.

I can't wait till iCloud goes live and we can have remote backups plus local on a Time Machine.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I did check that. I have the latest version but it keeps doing that. -SIGH- :(

I have authorized it, I have checked my updates on my iphone 4 as well and my machine. Everything is a-okay but it just keeps popping up. I even removed firewall for a few minutes. Restarting it a couple times (5 times to be exact). I even went out and did a few errands came back. Still the same. I even checked my connection settings. I am online and everything is okay. I don't know what's up with it.

I can't wait til iClouds as well even though I have read what it's about but I still don't get it. LOL.

C

chas_m

You don't need the firewall at all if you are using a router. That is probably the source of the issue. Just turn it off.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Even if i turn it off, the problem still occurs. :(

C

chas_m

Good start, but I still believe its a firewall issue -- only now I think it must be at the router level or some other software.

Have you customized your router at all? Are you running a program called Little Snitch?

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm not running anything. I've turned off my firewall. I have not done anything to my router. it's been the same as always since I bought it. I don't know what little snitch is lol.

C

chas_m

I'm assuming that you are having no other problems communicating with the internet and iTunes generally. You mentioned that you checked your purchase history on your iPhone, were you successful on that device?

If not, I'd suggest you find the nearest coffeehouse or public library with free internet and try it again (anywhere but your own home network). If it works outside your home, then the problem is definitely a router/port issue.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.