MacBook Pro Trackpad Issues

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm not quite sure where this belongs, but recently, as in the last few hours, have had some issues with my trackpad. I have a one year old aluminum MacBook Pro, pretty sure it's 13". Not sure what I'm running exactly, I think it's OS X something. Anyways, recently the trackpad has been a lot less responsive in regards to scrolling. Clicking works fine, but as I try to move the mouse across the screen, it'll either be slower than it should, go the opposite way or will scroll the page even though I'm only using one finger. Also, when I stop moving it, the mouse will continue to move across the screen on its own accord. just wondering what I can do to fix this short of just taking it into an Apple store, which I will do if there's no solution. I've tried restarting the computer and that fixes it for ten minutes before it messes up again. I will say that I just downloaded the most recent system update and since then, it's been working pretty well.

Reaction score
Mine has the same problem a few months back. It's a hardware issue. I got to send it in to get it fixed. Took a few days.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.