G4 Mini Form Factor

Reaction score
I have an old G4 Mac Mini that I'm turning into my media server with Spotify, Plex, and what not. Only problem is that the room can get ridiculously hot during the day in summer. Which is now. Last year the temperature hit around mid 80s and low 90s during normal days. I know the Mini can take some heat but I'd rather not force it to when I can do something about it. Does anyone know the form factor size for the mini or any retailers that sell cases that will fit a mini? Thanks in advance.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Does anyone know the form factor size for the mini or any retailers that sell cases that will fit a mini? Thanks in advance.

What do you mean by, "sell cases that will fit the mini"? If you mean some sort of bigger case that would improve cooling for the Mac-mini...I would say no one sells this sort of replacement case...at least no one I'm aware of.

The Mac-mini case...is the Mac-mini case. Unlike Windows computers...the "insides" of Macintosh computers are rarely (if ever) transferred to some sort of different computer housing or case. And if they are...it's a totally custom-unique situation.

If you're concerned about heat...get a house/portable fan to blow on the Mac-mini to help keep it as cool as possible (without using air-conditioning to cool the room).

HTH,

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.