new ibook g4 battery life

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP core 2 duo 15.4"
hey all, posting this from class!! haha, i love this ibook. anyways, i did a full charge, and it says i have only around 4 hours of battery life, i was told it would be closer to 5-6 hours, am i being overdemanding? or should i be callin apple bout a new battery. thanks! Mike

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Claims on battery life are nothing more than estimates. Depending on what apps you have open and running, brightness levels of the LCD, AirPort card enabled...etc. can all affect the length of battery time.
I get around 4 to 5 hours depending on those factors. I always have my AirPort enabled and always dim the LCD to the lowest readable amount and that is usually what jumps the length a bit.
There is no need or cause to call Apple about getting a 4 hour battery life.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP core 2 duo 15.4"
im glad then :). can you tell me how to dimm the LCD? i have it on whatever the factory setting is, and would like more battery life, it is quite bright right now and i could lower it significantly

nevermind, i figured out how to lower the brightness, i actually like it better this way, not so **** bright. anyways, class ending, time to sign off.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac core2Duo 2.4Ghz 4GB ram
there are buttons on top of the keyboard- f1 and f2. You sill see the sun icons on them.

S

sursuciofla

D3v1L80Y said:
Claims on battery life are nothing more than estimates. Depending on what apps you have open and running, brightness levels of the LCD, AirPort card enabled...etc. can all affect the length of battery time.
I get around 4 to 5 hours depending on those factors. I always have my AirPort enabled and always dim the LCD to the lowest readable amount and that is usually what jumps the length a bit.
There is no need or cause to call Apple about getting a 4 hour battery life.

Yeah I am sure what Apple does is charge battery then dim screen, turn off bluetooth and airport, close all apps, disable sleep and just let it sit there till it runs out. And then there is their estimate.

I get about 4 on average, 5 if I'm lucky, a little over 3 if I am unfortunate with having to run multiple programs.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP core 2 duo 15.4"
well i dimmed screen and left airport on, and i left it charge overnight, and now it says battery life is 6 hours. 6!!! holy crap. turned off airport and it went to 6:45!. im very impressed with this machine. i like it alot, still a main PC user, but its nice to have both :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.