• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple's fifth-gen iPhone could be 'bigger upgrade than expected'

Reaction score
Apple's fifth-gen iPhone could be 'bigger upgrade than expected'

Sources in Apple's overseas supply chain have reportedly indicated that the company's forthcoming fifth-generation iPhone could be a more significant upgrade than previous rumors have suggested, sporting a larger display and thinner design.

pixel
p-8bUhLiluj0fAw.gif
adscout.php

Read more

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
If it does go back to the curved back, it may be time for me to upgrade my 3GS.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Then again, i have seen blogs with people thinking the iPhone in the iWork/iCloud promotion could of been a accidental leak by Apple and in that Picture it is quite chunky . . . Check it out Cant find decent picture i saw ATM ?? All speculation of course. Bigger screen and the antennae line was in a different place ?!?!? Speculation

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.66 GHz 20", iPad Mini2 32GB, iPhone6 64GB, Watch Sport 42mm Black, iPad Air 2 128GB
If it does go back to the curved back, it may be time for me to upgrade my 3GS.

Yes, I don't like the flat iPhone4 shape either.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I am hoping they make it 4G compatible.

I'd be surprised if it was, but I guess we'll see. The 4G chipsets out there right now are horrible battery hogs. I don't see Apple taking the loss in battery life for the negligible benefit of 4G as it's implemented right now (limited market).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 i3 27" 16gb Ram
I think is they just went hspa+ for now it would be good move and save the battery life.

I also like the Idea of loosing the glass on the back. make it designed after the Ipod Touch 4g

Reaction score
I hope it's 4G compatible, I'm pretty sure it will be, but I don't really see what else they could add to the iPhone.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.