Suddenly mono sound from internal speaker

Reaction score
Hello guys.

Yesterday i was playing some music on my macbook Pro. When all of a sudden i hear somekind of crunchy static noise comming from my internal speakers. And then all of a sudden the music sounds like being played from a mobile phone. Normally the sound is very good on my macbook pro, but now it just sounds like its playing from a cellphone. It almost sounds like its all Mono.

When i connect Headphones the sound is great and normal again. I tried reinstalling OS X Lion, but the problem is still there.

What to do? :Shouting:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Yesterday i was playing some music on my macbook Pro. When all of a sudden i hear somekind of crunchy static noise comming from my internal speakers. And then all of a sudden the music sounds like being played from a mobile phone. Normally the sound is very good on my macbook pro, but now it just sounds like its playing from a cellphone. It almost sounds like its all Mono.

When i connect Headphones the sound is great and normal again. I tried reinstalling OS X Lion, but the problem is still there.

What to do? :Shouting:

It sounds like one of the speakers is blown (do you hear sound out of each, or just one of them?). You "probably" need a new speaker, though sitting here in the comfort of our homes, we cannot completely exclude the possibility of a cable fault or problem with the sound card.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.