What is your backup plan?

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I am looking to setup up a backup plan.

I currently have a WD MY PASSPORT 500gb with two partitions (1 for Time Machine and the other to hold my media (pictures, music, and word docs).

I however would like to create a better backup plan, I figure if that ever fails I would lose everything.

I would like to see what setups you guys have as inspiration and share some knowledge.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.06 iMac i3|12GB|500GB
Welcome!

Personally I'm a fan of Time Machine and Carbon Copy Cloner. I run both so if one fails I'm covered. Having a CCC bootable backup is nice too.

OP
I
Reaction score
Thanks

I was wondering about a NAS, I cant find a good thread.

I would like to use it to back up and also stream some media.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Your initial plan is ok. Better would be if you use T.M. and CCC and if they were on different externals (requires purchasing another external HDD).
Best would be what I just mentioned plus periodical backups of important docs and media to DVDs.

C

chas_m

I have four drives sitting beside me here on my desk.

One is a Time Machine drive that backs up my boot volume inside my laptop.
The second is a clone drive I use to do (more or less) weekly clones of the boot drive.
The third is a "media" drive (all my converted videos and other such large media files)
The fourth is a clone of that drive.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.