New MacBook Problem

Reaction score
Well, I was on vacation one week after I bought my Macbook. The kind that's pretty much indestructable (my sister dropped her's down the stairs, spilled paint on it, dropped in off a bunk bed onto an open, empty suitcase, and threw it across the room). Well, I found her hitting it, and that was the end of her using my laptop. But now, it acts up whenever I am typing quickly or on the internet for more than two hours.

When I mean acting up, the screen freezes and brightens up. However, the computed is still usable and I can listen to music, skip songs on itunes, ect. The screen also gets a pattern on it like a bunch of black lines. It brightens up by a lot until you cannot see anything. Its the opposite of the black screen with no brightness.

I turn it off, and when I turn it back on, the screen is just like that for about ten seconds, after that "aaahhh" sound, and goes regular to that log-in screen.

Please help. Should I take it in, or just let it be?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 MBP 15" I7 2.3 Ghz 16 GB Ram 500 GB SSD Retina
Wow your sister was actually beating up you computer and this caused the problem? Man I would be hacked off and very angry. Sounds like you need to take it in to the Mac shop. Sounds as if you have a hardware problem and there is not much you can do without finding out what is broken and replacing it. Get your checkbook warmed up you may need it.

Personally I could not use a computer that does not work as it's designed to work but that is me. As for you i guess it just depends on how much hassle you can stand.

Good luck.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.