Force quit on a full screen game?

Reaction score
Hey. I am using a mac for the first time (lion pre-installed btw)

So I downloaded Angry Birds Rio from the App Store, and before I started playing, I tried the three finger swipe to see if I could switch spaces with a game open, well that was just a tragedy.

I swiped into Dashboard and that was fine, but when I swiped back to the game, it froze, the game's pointer was not moving, though the normal one was. I tried command + q; command + option + esc; command + option + shift + esc

none of them worked. Unfortunately, I had to force a computer shut down

I don't know if it had something to do with the fact that the battery was at around 25% and perhaps it tried to enter to sleep mode and that was part of the freezing

Is there any command to force quit the app (or ALL apps, doesn't matter) that WILL WORK

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Command + Option + Esc should always bring up the Force Quit dialog unless there's a serious OS issue going on.

Lion is so new, it wouldn't surprise me if it's just an incompatibility with your game. Do they list 10.7 in the requirements for Angry Birds Rio?

OP
D
Reaction score
Command + Option + Esc should always bring up the Force Quit dialog unless there's a serious OS issue going on.

Lion is so new, it wouldn't surprise me if it's just an incompatibility with your game. Do they list 10.7 in the requirements for Angry Birds Rio?

It says "Mac OS X 10.6.6 or later", so yeah, it should work with Lion. I haven't test it again yet.

Reaction score
Force quit full screen

Hold command + shift + option + escape for three seconds and the active app will force quit.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
Hey. I am using a mac for the first time (lion pre-installed btw)

So I downloaded Angry Birds Rio from the App Store, and before I started playing, I tried the three finger swipe to see if I could switch spaces with a game open, well that was just a tragedy.

I swiped into Dashboard and that was fine, but when I swiped back to the game, it froze, the game's pointer was not moving, though the normal one was. I tried command + q; command + option + esc; command + option + shift + esc

none of them worked. Unfortunately, I had to force a computer shut down

I don't know if it had something to do with the fact that the battery was at around 25% and perhaps it tried to enter to sleep mode and that was part of the freezing

Is there any command to force quit the app (or ALL apps, doesn't matter) that WILL WORK

Excactly the same thing is happening to me. It froze immediately after download and some of it's characteristics changed.

When I first started playing I had to physically move the pointer over the bird and double-click to acquire it. The app then crashed and came back with the pointer automatically acquiring a bird.

I did at first think it was a memory/graphics issue but surely my system can cope with such a rudimentary app. It's got to be a compatibility issue and is a huge disappointment.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.