Desktop image help on OSX 10.6.8

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, MBP
Greetings all, I was wondering if anyone could help me with the desktop images on my iMac. I have them set to change every so often and the majority of the pictures are displayed as if they were taken landscape even though they weren't taken that way. I have played with the preferences but still cannot figure out how to make them normal. So, basically, almost every photo that comes up is rotated 90 degrees counter clockwise.

Thanks in advance for the assistance!

Bob

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, MBP
Anyone? Anyone? The Apple store told me to call Apple support direct but I figured I could get the answer here quicker! ;)

Reaction score
Image orientation on Desktop

I'm having the same problem as Tarheel and (apparently) the same problem with (not) finding a solution. Any suggestions?? Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Maybe let us know what Mac and OS X version you're using and what and how you're choosing the images, and what mode are they set in the chosen image folder etc.

If nothing else, use the builtin Help option when setting up and choosing your images for some help and more suggestions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
In other words, I think, how do the images appear when you just open them in an image viewer? If not rotated correctly, can you rotate them and Save?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Hmmm… …???? I seems quite odd to me as to how many post their question and are never heard from again. I often wonder why… and I guess we'll never know… Oh well… :|

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Some people must read the replies, find an answer, and are satisfied. They just don't tell us.

It's an old story: "... were there not ten? Where are the other nine?"

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.