Question about buying slightly used PowerBook?

Reaction score
If I buy a slightly used PowerBook is the warranty still valid? Can I purchase the Apple Care extended warranty? Are there any other pitfalls to buying a slightly used PB? I'd be buying it locally. Any help would be great.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Every new Mac comes with a one year warranty. That warranty is transferable. To do this:

Terms of Agreement for the APP: said:
9. Transfer of Plan
You may transfer this Plan to a new owner of the Covered Equipment by sending notice of transfer to AppleCare Administration, P.O. Box 149125, Austin,TX 78714-9125, United States of America.You must provide the Plan Agreement Number, the serial numbers of the Covered Equipment being transferred, proof of purchase of the Plan, and the name, address, telephone number and email address of the new owner.

AppleCare can be purchased at any time within that first year. More on AppleCare can be found at:

http://www.apple.com/support/products/proplan.html

Reaction score
pitfalls of buying used would be the same as buying anything used, Never know where it has been or what has been done to it.
If you know/trust the seller then there should be no problems, just check it out first.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
blackmagicxx said:
pitfalls of buying used would be the same as buying anything used, Never know where it has been or what has been done to it.
If you know/trust the seller then there should be no problems, just check it out first.

Killer Klowns!!! :cool:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.