using excel with bootcamp?

Reaction score
hello everyone!

i recently purchased a macbook pro. i am going to be a business student, and will need to use excel a lot. if i get windows 7 and then get microsoft office, will all the excel shortcuts be the same as if i was using a windows machine?

thanks!

OP
Y
Reaction score
I will have that, but since I will be learning how to use excel (for finance/accounting) in depth in class meant for windows, i was hoping all the shortcuts and keys would be exactly the same on bootcamp with microsoft 7 and office as it would be on a windows machine.

any ideas on whether this is true?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I'm not currently using Excel but Word and Powerpoint use the same shortcuts and key functions (consistent with the operating system) as their Windows counterparts. But having said that, there's nothing wrong with installing Windows 7 and then Office 2010.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
My wife finished her accounting degree with a macbook. She had no problems running excel in windows on it. I'll have to ask her how 11 is, most of her problems (requiring her to run windows) were due to Microsoft totally ruining excel in the 08 version (lack of vb scripting).

As I recall it's a lot of the plugin's that are specific, and sort of required by the professors (despite the fact that you can, indeed, do anything that the plugins do manually.. they'd just have to bother to learn it themselves.)

btw, running a windows machine in bootcamp well.. is running a windows machine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.