iMac to HDTV

Reaction score
Hey all,

I have my iMac (purchased last September) connected to my TV though a Rocketfish MiniDP to HDMI adapter.

Everything looks and sounds great on it, but every now and then there is a quick white flash across the bottom of the TV screen and the sound will go off for a few seconds. This doesn't sound like a big deal, I know, but it is really annoying when you are trying to stream TV.

Anyone have any suggestions on what I could do to fix this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I have my iMac (purchased last September) connected to my TV though a Rocketfish MiniDP to HDMI adapter.

Everything looks and sounds great on it, but every now and then there is a quick white flash across the bottom of the TV screen and the sound will go off for a few seconds. This doesn't sound like a big deal, I know, but it is really annoying when you are trying to stream TV.

Anyone have any suggestions on what I could do to fix this?

That's very hard to say. If you don't have this problem on the iMac's display itself, then I'd start by trying a different cable. A different brand entirely to be extra sure it's not the brand either. If that continues to be a problem, then you can always try a different HDMI port on your TV, or a different TV set. Or try a different Mac if you can with all else staying the same, including the cable. There are a lot of potential variables here, and swapping out one item in the chain at a time is pretty much all you can do to see what the culprit is.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.