Few questions!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
32GB iPad 2. 32GB iPhone 3GS. 2011 13" MacBook pro
First of all, I was wondering if there was a way to connect my ipad2 to my tv wirelessly? As in so I can see what I can see on my iPad screen on my tv.

Also, which accessories have you guys bought for your iPads? I've got a simple case and recently bought the camera connector kit which is fantastic, I'm also going to buy the wireless keyboard, any recommendations?

I'm looking for a new case and also a stand that will support my iPad vertically and horizontally, help appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
First of all, I was wondering if there was a way to connect my ipad2 to my tv wirelessly? As in so I can see what I can see on my iPad screen on my tv.

At the moment, no. With the iOS 5 update, you supposedly will be able to mirror the iPad's display to an Apple TV 2. Until then, the best you can do is use the AirPlay feature to stream music/video to an ATV2 from the iPad.

I'm looking for a new case and also a stand that will support my iPad vertically and horizontally, help appreciated! Thanks in advance.

I haven't gotten around to ordering it yet myself, but the Griffin Loop is at the top of my list for stands.
Loop - A clean, simple stand for your iPad. - Griffin Technology

As for cases, Apple's Smart Cover is pretty slick, but here's a 3rd party version that I like. Well I think I would like if I had an iPad 2 (stuck with the 1 for now). The cover works like the Smart Cover, but they will custom engrave the leather for you, and it works with their bamboo case.
iPhone 4 and iPad Cases by Grove

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for the feedback! Do you have any idea when the update will be available? I quite like the look of that stand as well, not too keen on the cover though.

Another question, is there an app that will allow me to print things from my ipad2 on any printer wirelessly? I think I've got an app that will allow me to do it with Epson printers.

Think I'm getting the keyboard today and may buy a stylus as well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for the feedback! Do you have any idea when the update will be available?

Apple hasn't said, but with the iPhone 5 expected in September or early October, it's most likely then.

Another question, is there an app that will allow me to print things from my ipad2 on any printer wirelessly? I think I've got an app that will allow me to do it with Epson printers.

That normally requires a printer that is very specifically AirPrint-capable:
Apple - iPad - Print right from your iPad with AirPrint.

Otherwise, the only other solution I'm aware of right now is to install AirPrint Activator on a Mac and print through that. The Mac will have to be on to have the service available.
AirPrint Activator « Netputing

There are a number of apps on the App Store that appear to offer the ability to print to any wi-fi or shared printer, but I have no experience with any of these, or know how they may be limited. They must almost certainly be limited somehow because of the way Apple limits functionality in iOS apps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
iOS 5 will be released in the Fall of 2011. So, that's Sept, Oct, or Nov.

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for the help :) I bought the wireless keyboard today, as well as an aluminum stand that uses a rubber cylinder to keep the iPad in place, so far so good!

Will I need a certain model of tv for what I want to do? Thanks again.

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sorry, another question, if I create a document in pages or a presentation in keynote, how can I quickly transfer that to a PC? And will it need converting to a different file format? Thanks again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for the help, I decided to return the first stand I bought, as the rubber cylinder left marks on the back of my iPad (which I have been able to remove, eventually) I chose a 'compass' style stand second time round which is pretty good, it can hold the iPad portrait or landscape and at different angles. It should suffice until the prices of some others drop.

Looking forward to the new software now! Hopefully it won't be too long.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.