MacBook Air OSX Lion Upgrade/Issues

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 1.7GHz i7 4GB 256GB, iPhone 4S 32GB, iPad 2 16GB
I bought Lion on launch day on my iMac desktop. I transferred the files to a jump drive so I could put it on my MBP 13", MBP 15" and my wife's MacBook white and her MacBook Air work machine (I know, I know pirating whatever they're all my machines).

Anyway, I did all the above computers with no issues at all, upgraded nice. Get to the air and its the same process except it acts like its a fresh install (instead of upgrading). It gets to a screen that says "Mac OS X Utilities" with options of "restore from time machine" "reinstall mac osx" "get help online" or "disk utility." I never saw this screen on any other machine. So I looked at disk utility and all her stuff is still on the HD. I figured she has it backed up to our time capsule anyway so even if I erased it no biggie. However, I when I go to install it on the HD, it says the "disk is locked." What to do?? How do I unlock this disk? Or how do I get back to her SL 10.6.8 profile thats obviously still there? Any help would be appreciated!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Currently 13" Late 2010 MBA, 4GB/128GB; Early 2011 13" MBP, dual core i7 2.7ghz, 4gb ram, 500gb hd
Her Mac is booting to the recovery partition rather than the main drive partition. You might be able to boot her computer while holding the Option key to bring up the boot loader and choose her main drive as the boot volume.

OP
.Bennett
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 1.7GHz i7 4GB 256GB, iPhone 4S 32GB, iPad 2 16GB
Her Mac is booting to the recovery partition rather than the main drive partition. You might be able to boot her computer while holding the Option key to bring up the boot loader and choose her main drive as the boot volume.

That didn't work. It gave me the option to boot to OS X installer only (which was where I was stuck). However, at the screen I was on with the 4 options (in my OP) I hit "quit OS X installer" and it gave me the option to restart or to and choose my startup disc. From there I was able to choose her 10.6.8 profile and boot to it. I then re-ran the Lion install and it work perfectly. Not sure what happened the first time but all is now well. Thanks for your help!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.