iPod Touch problem

Reaction score
I have an iPod Touch 4g and I have iTunes 10.4, I think, it is the latest version of iTunes. I am using Windows XP SP3 computer to manage my music inconjunction with iTunes and iPod touch.

My problem is this, iTunes recognizes the iPod but when I go into My Computer, the iPod doesn't appear as anything. It is not there. Yes, I am aware of iPod touch showing up as a camera or some other removable device. This is not the case with me. I do have other drives letters for any removable media that gets inserted into the computer. I have click on all of the other drive letters but nothing appears to be the iPod. Yes, I do have the Apple device driver listed in Device Manager.

The only thing I can think of is this, I used to have Tunebite converter installed on the same computer. Possibly Tunebite screw things up for me as far as drive letters and etc...

The iPod touch used to work on this same computer. Weird... Any thoughts?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Currently 13" Late 2010 MBA, 4GB/128GB; Early 2011 13" MBP, dual core i7 2.7ghz, 4gb ram, 500gb hd
By default, the iPod file system isn't browsable via the OS. There are 3rd party applications that allow you see the iPod file system, but I've not used any for Windows, and I don't know if they will allow the drive to be assigned a drive letter.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.