• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple TV update introduces show streaming, Vimeo support

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core i5(3.6 GHz) 8 GB RAM, MBP C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 4 GB RAM, MB C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 2 GB RAM
It looks like TV Shows are now included in iCloud, so that you get unlimited re-downloads of any purchased show, and you can download them directly on to any authorized computer or iOS device. This makes storage a non-issue for people who purchase a lot of their TV shows from iTunes.

I wonder if iTunes Match will include TV Shows, because I have a lot of shows on Blu-Ray and DVD. I'm assuming that it won't because I don't think that ripping video off of discs was ever officially deemed legal, as it was with music.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
Vimeo support is bigger for me than the TV shows, as I have a lot of filmmaker friends on Vimeo and the quality of video on the site is spectacular.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Still no Hulu. That's about the only thing left stopping me from purchasing an ATV. Would be cool to have Amazon content as well, though I do of course realize that's a conflict of interests and will never happen.

Doug

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.