New OSX Lion operating system question

Reaction score
If anyone have the new OSX Lion operating system I just had a question. Are you able to run windows applications on the new operating system, i dont want to waste 29.99 on this if It wont allow me use windows applications.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
You can not run Windows Applications on OSX Snow Leopard either unless you install Windows in either a VM or via BootCamp or use Crossover that only will run selected Windows apps.

Maybe I am reading your post wrong, but no OSX runs Windows Apps natively..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
It's not Windows. You'd need to run Windows to run Windows applications.

Or, you'd need to run a virtual machine (vmWare, Parallels, Virtualbox, etc) or bootcamp, which will let you install Windows as a dual boot.

This should be over in the Mac OS section btw, since i devices won't run Lion, or Windows.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
If anyone have the new OSX Lion operating system I just had a question. Are you able to run windows applications on the new operating system, i dont want to waste 29.99 on this if It wont allow me use windows applications.

Yes and No.
No you cannot run Windows applications with any flavor of OS X. However, just as with previous versions you have the option of installing Windows in a partition and use Bootcamp to switch between, or you can use Parallels or VM Fusion to set up Virtual Windows machines.

So, the Yes is you can run Windows applications.

EDIT: See this link for more info on running Windows on your Mac
http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/ru...4239-running-windows-mac-switchers-guide.html

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Note: Moved to appropriate forum.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.