finder problem please help

Reaction score
ok so i have a mac book pro and i have a problem with the finder window a while ago and i on the side of the window where the short cut tab things are, are a few files i cant delete because i was moving them to the bin and i placed them there by mistake and the i got the actual files and removed them from my computer completely then i went to delete them but i cant do anything with them i can only move them up or down just to show u what i mean heres a screen shot Screenshot2011-07-31at52705PM.png picture by ttgxcake - Photobucket the files i cant remove is passes and the burn folder thing

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
You didn't say what OS you are on but it looks like Snow Leopard. Anyway try Ctrl-Click/right click on the files -> there should be an option to remove from sidebar (or something similar I am on Lion and they might have changed the nomenclature)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Or, command click and drag them off the sidebar. They'll be removed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.