Broken Display Housing

Reaction score
I have an aluminum MacBook Pro and the display housing seems to be coming off of the screen. It's popping up on the bottom right side and the gap is about half an inch. I can put the screen down but it won't lock onto the bottom keyboard case, and the lengths of the screen and the bottom case don't line up when the laptop is closed. I leave the screen up now because I don't want the display to come off anymore than it already has.

I don't know how this happened, I closed the laptop at night and it was normal, when I woke up in the morning it was suddenly separated. Would Apple repair this? If I left it alone or tried to tape it or something could it eventually damage my screen? Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Is the machine still under warranty or extended Apple care? If it is, make an appointment with your local Apple store and take it on in. Explain to them that this happened they way you described it here. If there are any dents or dings on the case, Apple will not repair it under the warranty. They'll deem it accidental damage. So make sure you're honest and have not dropped or misused it in any way.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.