Browse in Window function on a Mac

Reaction score
In Windows there is an option in Folder Options that allows for file types to be browsed inside the Internet browser.

I.e. if it is set for .doc extension it will allow IE or FIrefox or Chrome to open these word files in the browser or browser frame.

Is there any such option for any browser on a Mac???

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
I can't imagine why you'd want to open a document in a web browser unless it's quicker than opening the correct, full application.

If this is the case you can use quick look - click on the file then press space bar

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
If you're simply looking to change file associations, right click a file to the type you want to change > Get Info... > Open With > change to the application you want > Change All... (if you want to change it for all files of that type).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Currently 13" Late 2010 MBA, 4GB/128GB; Early 2011 13" MBP, dual core i7 2.7ghz, 4gb ram, 500gb hd
From what I remember, having the browser linked into the file system is how most viruses were introduced to Windows systems in the past. May still be the case, but I've not kept up with current virus threats like I used to.

OP
S
Reaction score
I have a webpage that runs in Windows OS that allows users to view documents without downloading by using the browse in window function but can't seem to see the same functionality in Lion.

OP
S
Reaction score
Sorry to be clear these files reside on the web server and for convenience and core functionality to the site users browse the files within a frame of the webpage rather than have to down load and look at them outside the browser.

Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.