apps from different accounts

Reaction score
I have US account for iTunes where I do all of my purchases. Once my account had some problems , at the same time I needed Omnofocus for iPhone badly- so I purchased from Estonian appstore. Now I have situation where all other apps are from US account and only Omnifocus from Esronian. In that situation I cannot update my iPhone any more as I would lose Omnifocus. Is there possibility to change authorization of Omnifocus to be part of US account?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
No, not without purchasing it again.

C

chas_m

You can continue to update your iPhone, I don't know why you think you can't. The Estonian-bought app will not be UPDATED until you log into the Estonian store again, but otherwise it will work fine.

I have two iTunes accounts (Canada/US) and a mix of app from each. All works fine, syncs fine, backs up fine, etc.

In your case, since you have only the ONE app you bought elsewhere, I would suggest you save yourself a lot of hassle down the road and just re-buy it from the US store, replacing the Estonian one. Checking in and out of two stores to update stuff is a hassle, quite frankly, and were I not in my particular position with one foot in both countries I wouldn't do it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.