Had Tiger 10.4.11, erased and installed Snow Leopard, Anything iLife & ALOT OF APPS?

Reaction score
okay so i know i did the bad thing (yeah shame on me) i erased and installed Snow Leopard, Just the OS, i didnt buy the Box Set (im cheap, you think they could go easy on me knowing i payed 12 hundred for my macbook, $30 vs $145? HA!) anywho, i got this macbook second hand from someone on craigslist & it didnt come with any install discs, but it did have ilife, (iPhoto iMovie, GarageBand, iWeb, & iDVD) and a couple other apps, and the first time I installed Snow Leopard, i didnt erase & install, and everything was there. But, i got sick of the way they had the folders set up (horribly!) so i erased and installed. shame shame shame, because i was really using iPhoto & iMovie alot.. any way i can get them back without having to pay for them?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
You'd have to pay for the install disks. I really hate it when people sell computers without the media that SHOULD be included.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Like "Dysfunction" mentioned...you have to pay for the install disks. It primarily sounds like you need iLife...but depending on what version of iLife you were using before...an install disk may not be that expensive.

iLife 11 (the newest version) costs $49 bucks...older versions (e-Bay & Craig's List) can & do cost much less.

HTH,

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Most sellers with good reputations will include the original install discs. Personally would not buy a computer without the discs. The original owner has either carelessly lost them, or worse sold them off for a few dollars more with no consideration for the machine's purchaser.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15

Two words of wisdom here:

1. When you buy used...you get what you get! If you want all original disks that came with the computer when new...then you should make sure & ask the seller about this BEFORE you buy the computer. If the seller does not have the disks, misplaced them, or cannot find them...and this is a "deal breaker"...then walk away from the deal (let's not blame the seller)!

2. Let's remember that "somebody" made the mistake of doing an "erase & install" of Snow Leopard...thus "user error" is probably the main reason why these apps. were lost in the first place (let's not blame the seller)!;)

- Nick

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.