word processing app, syncing IOS4 and LION

Reaction score
I am an amateur novelist. The ultimate goal is to be able to use a word processing program and syncing the work between my Macbook Air running Lion and my iPhone running IOS4. I need to be able to save documents in different formats on my mac, so that I can send them to editors. I have done some research, but don't want to buy a bunch of software to experiment. My thinking is that the current most simple way to do this is with google docs since iCloud is not out yet. Right now I am using open office because it has a really nice thesaurus. I do not have a problem buying pages for both machines, but I don't want to if that is not the best solution. Thank you so much for taking the time to advise me what would work the best. I am new to MAC.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I've moved your post to a more proper forum; please be sure to check the forum descriptions to find the best place to post.

By posting in the right forum you help people not only find your question faster, but it helps others looking for the same information in the future.

Thanks for understanding!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I am an amateur novelist. The ultimate goal is to be able to use a word processing program and syncing the work between my Macbook Air running Lion and my iPhone running IOS4. I need to be able to save documents in different formats on my mac, so that I can send them to editors. I have done some research, but don't want to buy a bunch of software to experiment. My thinking is that the current most simple way to do this is with google docs since iCloud is not out yet. Right now I am using open office because it has a really nice thesaurus. I do not have a problem buying pages for both machines, but I don't want to if that is not the best solution. Thank you so much for taking the time to advise me what would work the best. I am new to MAC.

For now, you can use PadSync and use the word processing apps of your choice. Once iCloud is live (presumably with the launch iOS 5, expected in September?), you "shouldn't" need PadSync anymore, though who knows… maybe it'll still be prove to be more useful.
PadSync: The Missing File Sync for the iPad

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.