Connecting to Xbox Live through MacBook on Lion OS X

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm trying to connect my MacBook Air running on the new Lion OS to Xbox Live, but so far am not having much luck. I was able to use my WiFi connection with my old PC connected through ethernet to my Xbox before, but am having a tough time configuring the settings with my MacBook. I've looked at several somewhat helpful websites and tinkered with my Network and Sharing settings a bit, but none of them give a walkthrough with Lion as the guide, which is why I'm running into problems. I have all of the hardware needed (USB to ethernet adapter, ethernet cable), but don't know how to alter the settings so everything is compatible. Please help if you have any ideas, it is much appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13"
Is the MacBook Air connected using WiFi?

If so - connect using the Wireless, go to Sharing in System Prefs and select Internet Sharing.

Share connection from should already be Wi-Fi. Now tick ethernet.

Now tick Internet Sharing.

Click Start.

Does this work for you? Should then see a screen like the one below - I've no experience of MBA/USB Network Adapter.

ScreenShot2011-07-31at140405.png

OP
M
Reaction score
Is the MacBook Air connected using WiFi?

If so - connect using the Wireless, go to Sharing in System Prefs and select Internet Sharing.

Share connection from should already be Wi-Fi. Now tick ethernet.

Now tick Internet Sharing.

Click Start.

Does this work for you? Should then see a screen like the one below - I've no experience of MBA/USB Network Adapter.

ScreenShot2011-07-31at140405.png

Yes, that's all I had to do and it finally worked, thank you so much. I just set the Xbox Live IP and DNS settings to automatic rather than the manual setting I was trying to configure and that did the trick. Thanks for your help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.