The volume was found corrupt and needs to be repaired.

Reaction score
While I was randomly checking my status of 2011 MBP, I kept getting this error on disk utility with error "The volume "blah blah blah" was found corrupt and needs to be repaired."

I recently did clean install with lion as well. I created bootable dvd when I purchased Lion so I put the DVD in, and pressed "c". I went through the disk utility off the DVD. In it, it said the disk was fine and working normal...

I went back to Lion and went back to disk utility. It now again says The volume was found corrupt and needs to be repaired. when i try to verify disk and repair disk.

Any advice??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Have you opted to boot from recovery HD, hold down Option after booting and selecting, and running Repair Disk from utilities there?

Personally have much preferred SMARTReporter to advise on hard drive health.

http://www.corecode.at/smartreporter/

OP
H
Reaction score
Yes, I tried that and it said my volume was fine. and everything is working. but in the lion when i normally boot it, it will say there is a problem... strange..

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Without booting from a separate bootable disk and running Disk Utility it does not reliably report on the condition of the HD. Disk Utility has to have complete control of the HD and it can't do that when the system is up and running. I would say ignore what it's telling you. If the HD is OK when you use the recovery disk, it should be fine. Besides that, if anything is really wrong with your HD, your machine is still under warranty. Make backups just in case. You should be anyway.

OP
H
Reaction score
Thank you for quick response. Yeah I do not see anything that is wrong with my Mac so I should just ignore it for the time being.

Thanks again!

OP
H
Reaction score
Actually, I just reset PRAM. went to disk utility and now it says properly says volume is ok.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.