Internet Problem

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have been having some problems with my internet recently. It cuts in and out randomly, and has been going very slow. It started when I was out of the country and connected with an ethernet to a hotel's internet. But I came back home and while using airport to connect the internet has been cutting in and out, all while I show full bars! Firefox's window says I cannot connect because the server is not found, and safari says it is unable to load the page. When I click network diagnostics on safari, it says I am not connected to the internet. I start reloading the pages, and after a few clicks of the reload button, the page loads. Any solutions? Maybe a new airport card?

Reaction score
Fix for internet connection problem

I've had this problem for months and months and finally figured out the issue. This may work for you.

The Solution
I figured it was definitely something in the router settings and yes I was right! Type in the IP 192.168.1.1 in your browser window. It’ll prompt you to type in your username and password. If you didn’t set it up, find the person who did. He/she should know the login information. I have a Netgear router so from the options on the left, go to Advance> Wireless Settings (or look for something similar if you have a different router).

It’ll show the Wireless Card Access List. If your Mac isn’t listed, then click the Add button.

Next, your Mac should show up under Available Wireless Cards. Click the radio box next to your device.

If your Mac doesn’t show on the list, you can input it under Wireless Card Entry. Give it a name and enter the MAC address.

To find the MAC address:
On my iMac, it was in the Advanced settings of Network. Look for Airport ID under the Airport tab. On my iPad, it’s under Settings>General>About. It should be under Wi-Fi Address.

After you’re finished, click Add. Now it’ll bring you back to the previous page. Make sure to click Apply. After it finishes updating, turn off your wireless and then turn it back on.

Now you should be able to connect! If not, I have no other solution! But hope this helps.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.